Identify projects fitting our niche, pickup plans, perform quantity take offs, procure pricing on materials and sub-contractors, set up quotes on Timberline Software. Create Auto Cad drawings for field use. Complete responsibility from estimating through entire construction process to collection.
Any and all things this company may need at any given time.
Wage Range: Based on Experience (includes benefits)
- Quantity take offs by hand and using On Screen Take Off.
- Enter quantities into Timberline Estimating.
- Procure material and sub-contract quotes.
- Create field and shop drawings.
- Manage projects; small and large jobs.
- Any other tasks or projects assigned by the President and Vice President.
Required Skills for: Estimator/Project Manager
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time to meet all deadlines.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Field Experience – Understanding and experience of the field work or willingness to obtain this experience by working in the field.
Required Abilities for: Estimator/Project Manager
- Communication — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking or in writing so others will understand. And the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken or written words.
- Mathematical — The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly. The basic knowledge of algebra and geometry. And the ability to perform calculations such as sq ft. to cubic yards, the hypotenuse of a right angle, and squaring.
- Visualization — The ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Blue Print Reading — Able to fully comprehend drawings and specifications for construction projects from varied types of plans and specs.
- Computer Knowledge — Above average computer skills.
Desired Outputs: Estimator/Project Manager
- Here every day and on time. (Immediately)
- Make every work day productive. (Immediately)
- Provide Accurate Quantity Take Offs and Create Drawings
- Provide all take offs on all work that has plans to bid.(Immediately)
- Free up Rocky and Mike from take offs and price procurement and have jobs ready for their review and analysis. (1 month)
- Provide accurate and detailed Auto Cad drawings as needed for all field crews. (1 month)
- Hand detail drawings as needed for field crews. (Immediately)
- Complete all the above work before required deadlines. (1 month)
- Honest, open communication with management. (Immediately)
- Willingness to “do whatever it takes” to get the job done. (Immediately)
- Legible, accurate, timely paperwork. (Immediately)
- Skills, Continuing Education, Development of Self
- Ability to thoroughly read plans and discern incorrect, incomplete, and ambiguous information followed by getting the answers and working it out on your own. (1 month)
- Thorough understanding of Concrete Construction in our type of work. (2 months)
- Job Preparation
- Prepare Job stamp and job book. (1 month)
- Order special materials as necessary. (1 month)
- Project Management
- Manage small jobs from cradle,(estimating), to grave, (collections), handling the entire process. (1 months)
- Manage large jobs from cradle to grave same as above. (2 months)
Critical Performance Factors: Estimator/Project Manager
- Sense of urgency in meeting time commitments.
- Comprehend and listen efficiently.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player – get along well with others
- Able to be fully present, (mentally and otherwise), during the work hours with no outside distractions, i.e. personal phone calls (exceptions obviously made during emergencies).
- Honest and forthright character.
- Extremely detail oriented.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit via Indeed.com.